Virtual Precision have been committed to helping Authors get their work in print for the past 6 years. Author Services. We have experience across all major print and ebook platforms including Amazon CreateSpace, Kindle, Lightning Source, IngramSpark, Lulu and Smashwords.
We can create print ready PDF’s, as well as HTML ready files for self upload to Amazon Kindle or ePub3 files for upload to iTunes, Kobo, Barnes and Noble NOOK or simply formatting to various specifications and uploading direct to the distribution channel(s) of your choice, on your behalf.
A few years ago, self-publishing was seen by many as a last resort for the desperate author trying to get their work into print … but no more. Self-publishing is now ‘indie’, with more and more authors enjoying the freedom that self-publishing gives them.
- Self-publishing offers you, the author, complete control of every aspect of the publishing process, from layout, text style, editing, proofreading, cover design, price and book size to advertising and marketing, with suggestions and guidance along the way from us at Virtual Precision.
- As a self-publisher you retain complete copyright to your work, which is imperative if you want to sell your book on to a commercial publisher in future.
- Self-publishing puts you in the driving seat i.e. your book … your way!
- The financial risk is all yours.
- You have to learn many a new skill – from design to typesetting, marketing to distribution, or get help with some if not all of it along the way.
- You will find it close to impossible to break into the traditional book supply chain.
Self-publishing should be an enjoyable and rewarding experience from start to finish, whether establishing a writing career, writing for pleasure or for business … there are many reasons why people self-publish. So whatever your particular reason, make sure that you choose a competent publishing partner with an established reputation that can do your work justice.
Author Typesetting Packages
For those authors who require ebooks and/or print typesetting, we offer the following starter to premium packages. Typesetting packages are designed for those authors who have little to no experience of the various platforms and their individual specifications, however, if you only require a specific service they are individually detailed below this table.
£250Per ProjecteBook Plus
eBook Plus Print
£350Per ProjectPlus Print
£500Per ProjectWork me!
Author Services – Editing & Proof-reading
Author Services – Print-on-Demand Typesetting
Author Services – Cover Design
Author Services – Final Word(s)
Finally, if you feel overwhelmed by all the options feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements. Catering for both the debut and professional author can be difficult, and therefore understand that too much information can be confusing. A simple phone call might be a solution.