These are some online refresher courses Virtual Precision have been taking over the past year. We love to learn so will always find the time. These courses are in progress but we aim to complete them not only to benefit our own business, but to offer further skill sets to our clients.
We are mainly focused on the Digital Garage and Analytics courses from Google and the programming courses from Udacity.
The Digital Garage Course offers so much information in bite-size logical chunks and helps you rethink everything from SEO and marketing to Adwords and being found in search.
If you haven’t done this course, I suggest you do. It will not only open your eyes but also makes so much sense for those who might struggle with a few concepts.
Business Online Support Service (BOSS) Courses
This free online course is provided courtesy of Business Wales. This online course is designed to those who are:
- thinking about, or actually, starting a business
- already running a business
- looking to grow their business
Start Up and Business Planning
- Taking the Plunge (BOSS1) – An overview of what is required to start a business and helps you assess whether you have what it takes to be a success.
- Sizing Up the Market (BOSS2) – Taking you through the market research process, helping you identify the questions you need answers to, explaining where to get information and which techniques to use.
- Winning and keeping Customers (BOSS3) – Designed to guide and support you in developing your marketing.
- Pricing for Profit (BOSS4) – Focusing on costing and pricing, helping you identify the types of costs you may incur in your business.
- Managing Your Finances (BOSS5) – Looking at the key elements of running the money side of your business.
- Managing Your Business Effectively (BOSS6) – Designed to help you to take stock of where you are and to look at the things you need to do to become more efficient and improve your bottom line.
Business Ideas and Innovation
- Creating New Products (BOSS7) – Taking you through every stage from generating initial ideas to launching the finished product on the market.
Google Digital Garage
Digital Garage is a free digital skills course consisting of 26 modules from Google on everything from your website and analytics to online marketing and more. If you complete all 26 modules you can earn the Digital Garage Certificate of Online Proficiency. What’s the point? You will learn a lot and get ahead in best ways to be found in online search, SEO and much more.
TOP TIP: I recommend everyone does this course as there is some invaluable, easy to grasp information to help you make the most of getting found in search, analytics and everything in between.
Google Analytics for Beginners
Learning Analytics via the Google Analytics Academy for Free! An inspiring easy learning interactive course which I highly recommend for anyone trying to grow their business.
Learn the basic features of Google Analytics including how to create an account, implement tracking code, analyze basic reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
Advanced Google Analytics
Continuing with the Google Analytics Academy at my own pace!
Learn about advanced Google Analytics features including data collection, processing and configuration, and more complex analysis and marketing tools.
- HTML and CSS Syntax
- Intro to Java: Functional Programming