Proofreading is the final stage of the editing process, focusing on surface errors such as mistakes in spelling and punctuation only. We charge £4.00 per page as outlined in our submission guidelines below.
Our proofreaders work for major publishing houses including: Macmillan, Penguin, Cambridge University Press, Bloomsbury, HarperCollins, Transworld, Hodder etc.
Most writers will use this standard proofreading package. However, if there are substantial changes to be made, editing is recommended as the more professional option.
We are always happy to discuss your options with you so please feel free to contact us.
- Costs apply to double-spaced manuscripts, in 12 point, printed on one side of A4 only.
- Fees are based on 350 words per page.
- Manuscripts submitted with 1.5 spacing or 11 point typeface will be charged at a higher rate.
- Please ensure pages are numbered and include a word count.
- Include your name, address and phone number.
- We accept manuscripts submitted via email or post. (please make contact if you prefer post)
- Include a brief letter detailing any specific questions about your manuscript if you wish.
Fees and Payment
Please contact us directly if you need help calculating the correct fee for your book. Alternatively, if you have adhered to the submission guidelines above, simply buy this service, multiplied by the number of pages.
Please keep an original copy of your manuscript. While we take utmost care with your manuscript, we cannot be held liable for work that goes missing.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.